Monday, June 21, 2010

Starting up shop.




Ugh, I have a stomach ache from eating too much cereal.
You may wonder how one could get a stomach ache from eating cereal. It takes a lot of cereal. Trust me on this.

Anyway! Today I opened my etsy store! Woooo, we'll see how it goes. Right now all I have up are the necklaces that I've made, but I hope to expand with some other jewelry and perhaps some custom pillows. I think I'm also going to post some of my original work and try to sell prints. I'm also looking through the alchemy shops on etsy. Basically buyers post requests for work with a hoped for budget, and you as the seller can bid to create the item while offering your price. That might be the best way to get started, and will get me working on commissioned work.
Check out the store, see what you think!

I like the banner I ended up making for the shop. It's a rabbit and a goldfish nibbling on waffles. Basically the combination of bunnymermaid and waffle-sushi, my two main insignias, broken down. Here's the banner:




I'd considered adding bacon, simply because I found the idea of a rabbit and a goldfish nibbling bacon along with waffles pleasantly amusing. But bacon hasn't ever come into my other labels, so I ended up not. I suppose to make it truly a break down, sushi would have been better incorporated. I use the excuse that the goldfish can stand in for both sushi and mermaid.

I also finished painting moths bringing sleep to the eyes by burrowing into the circles around them. Ah, it's not as creepy as it might sound. Here it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment