Saturday, August 28, 2010

One week down!

My time at Kansas University is over! Let's see...
Inventory. Sweet Jesus inventory.
It turns out what I did to format and organize my inventory before wasn't enough. It had to be reworked and redone, which lead to Tuesday and Wednesday being hellishly bad. My assistant was pissed and nearly quit, seethed quite a lot, and I got two and a half hours of sleep one night, three hours another night. This is the super short version of the two days that will hopefully only be a memory and still give me a headache and stomach ache when I think about them.
Ow.

After inventory was redone though, the rest of the week was great! Always hire assistants. College kids are willing to do an hour to two hours of heavy lifting and laborious work in exchange for a couple of free posters. It's great.
I also made about $23o0 more this week than the tour did during this same time and school last year - woo! That made the boss happy. It made me happy to make money in general.

I've woken up with badly swollen hands two days in a row now. I wonder what that's about.

So the only thing I haven't really done yet on this tour, which will be taken care of tomorrow, is picking up a restock order from an airport! We're in Ames, Iowa now, going to start at Iowa State this Monday. The stock is going to be in Des Moines, so a bit of a drive but that's fine. It's only one box of stuff, so hopefully it'll go smoothly.

The room at Iowa State is going to be amazing. We get to lock it up with our stuff every night, none of this carrying things in and out daily! Wooo! Of course, our last three schools are all outdoors and we have to carry things to and from the van each day, so hopefully this locked in room won't spoil us.
But then, that is going to be what college student assistants are for. Or so I've learned.

One week down, three more to go! It's nearly September!

No comments:

Post a Comment